“The abundance of everything disturbs me. This is why the less plays a vital role in the approach I have gradually elaborated. In my opinion, the less is a way out (an exit), or — even, maybe — THE way out. This is why in the present context, removing is a major gesture. This idea can be summarized in a few words: Too much of everything? Lust for less!”
The conference will be preceded by a workshop with Jean-Baptiste Farkas, the same day from 12 til 4 at Grupperom 2.
Here more information about it:
– You collect 1 or several objects at your place. (Exemple: Furniture, books, electronic devices, clothes, etc.)
– You bring it to the workshop, Grupperom 2, Kunstakademiet, at 12.
– You give us the object, and invent a scenario of destruction. (exemple: burned, cut in 50 pieces, smashed, etc.)
– We will destroy the object during 4 hours, and Jean-Baptiste Farkas will give a conference at 19.00 in the auditorium for Open Forum, about his work in general and this Service in particular.
In the second part of his talk, we will present some documentation realised during the day.
– We need 15 participants, minimum, 2 of them will be in charge of the destructions.